It’s a few days back incident which happened with me… Unlike all other days when I am always late to the bus, that day I was a bit early to the bus.. I happily chose my seat in the bus as not many had come to the bus yet…
Was curiously checking in my bag for the headset which my mind said “U have misplaced!!!”…while my heart silently wished, “check it once again dear, u aren’t careless”…
So, adhering to my heart’s wish, I started to check inside the bag vivaciously, when I suddenly found something crawling!!!!! The next few series of actions were – I pulled out my hand from the bag within seconds!! My heart beat gained velocity!! I pushed my bag suddenly towards the window and waited to see if something would rush outside.. There wasn’t any hint of sound so I was clueless as to whether there was a cockroach or not!! I locked all the zips of the bag, assuring myself that the cockroach would die out of suffocation if at all it exists!!
After ½ hr, I could neither sleep nor sit awake…with my mind wondering abt what could possibly have attracted a cockroach to encroach into my bag while there is nothing worth inside of its use!!
Gathering all my courage, I slowly opened the bag to peep inside if I could find it… I pulled out the book and locked the bag quickly…. Then messaged my friend and sis and explained abt the situation……and received instant replies with Sis exclaiming “OMG!!” and friend being a animal rights activist said “Paaaaapa, badukkolli bidu” .. The very next thought in my mind was “Paaapi can never be paaaaapa” coz in childhood days, sis used to tell me that if ppl do any wrong deed in present life, then in their next birth they would be born as cockroach and insects!! (* For the benefit of all non-kannada readers, paaaapa word is used to show mercy on innocent)…
I still wanted to pull out my headsets from the bag, so after another 15 mins, I boldly put my hand coz I my mind strongly sent the signal, “sweetie, u are more powerful than that creature”… I had weapons like my sandals…books…raincoat and what not!! The crawling creature was a weaponless warrior!!..
As I looked inside, there wasn’t anything.. and I wondered what would that be which I made my mind alert to such an extent! The next series of actions were – Tied up my hair… Pulled out all the stuff from the bag and dusted it upside down to see if there wasn’t anything… It seemed as though I was desperate like a kid in search of candy!!
Finally I put an end to this melodrama! Realized that it was some piece of woolen thread from my sweater which gave me an illusion of cockroach!
Hah!!! I regretted for wasting the time in bus for no good reason… Neither did I sleep nor did I read the book… I dint even listen to music!! And since it’s the exam season, I had to stretch in night to patch up the time for studying :(

6 comments:

Suresh Kumar said...

The games the mind plays with us... Imagining things which r not there...
Some GK for me... I never knew that paapis were reborn as cockroaches etc... :)

Priya Joyce said...

Hahahah tat "cockroach" almost took ur life outaa u :P

well tats hw it is...
bt yeh wat u said is correct :D we r reely scared of some species be it cockroach or a lizard :P and sometimes be it just a woolen thread :D
niways u hd courage to put ur hand inside n check :))
it's all in the mind :)

Prashanth said...

Great to imagine you searching for a candy (he he he) in the bus.. good read :o)

Prathima Bhat said...

@Suresh : Ya.. most of the time my imagination is in full zoom.. may be thats y i got scared..

@Priya : Yeah.. my reaction was in extremes when i doubted abt the cockroach!!

@Prashanth : Welcome to my blog :)

Prashanth said...

Thanks Prathima :o)

Unknown said...

Good imagination :)

Post a Comment