It was early morning hours when I went to the breakout area at office to get some water in my bottle….. I must say- the lake view from the breakout area is too good… Felt like looking at the view for longer, so I silently stood there keeping my cell aside and a cup of chocolate milk (yeah, I like the extra sweet drink)..

The breeze was just complimenting the lake…. The waves moved in the direction of the breeze…. Wow!! Such a beautiful creation of the almighty I thought…. Though I couldn’t hear the sound of the water from the top floor of this sealed tower, I could still imagine that I was happily sitting near the shore, with my legs dipped in the cold lake water…

The weather outside is just like our life: sometimes good, sometimes bad… For some time it gave me a relaxing feeling……..and later the nature has its own ways to pull me back to the nostalgic moments… I recollected the years which I spent at Goa… All happy happy moods, the beach, the hat, the time, people around, the lovely Goan songs etc…….
I quickly realized that I can’t go back to that time….and I wondered what I am doing!! Working – which I really enjoy… Studying- just to get the feather on my hat of master’s degree (for namesake and for accomplishing my ambitions)! Keeping the pace with colleagues (so that I don’t stand behind)!
Felt like I am running with the time and simply straining myself by leading the fast-life to die young!! In my childhood, I always wished that I would lead my life as per my dreams… But now I feel, we are living thinking more about the next future slab! And have apparently forgotten that we the present slab was once our “dream future” which we dreamt in the childhood days.. :(

Keeping pace with time, I realized that I had spent solid 20 mins in the breakout area and I had lots of work to be completed... So, rushed back to work….
While typing this, I am planning for a long vacation to come out of the stressful life… Hope my vacation leaves gets approved :)

4 comments:

Prashanth said...

Right Prathima, we never realize that today is our yesterdays dream!! I keep my fingers crossed for your vacation leave.. Happy Holidays :o)

Suresh Kumar said...

long vacation... r u planning to come down to ur hometown or Goa?

Priya Joyce said...

well hope ur leave appl got approved :)

ahemm mind gets down to ao many thots in just a small chunk of time...
tats life...living the present...and remembering the pst..hoping for gud future :)

Veena said...

Very well described...... Prathima. I wish we get atleast 10 min in a day to get into a nostalgic mood like this. This will give you energy to work for the next 10 hours. Keep writing so that we all get more opportunities into your nostaligic world.

Post a Comment