Yesterday night it rained very heavily here inBangalore… In the 13 yrs of my stay here, yesterday was the first time I heard the thunder so loud and the lightning so powerful…. Evening there wasn’t any clue of rain and suddenly at 8.02pm it started raining… I was standing in the portico enjoying the cool breeze when it rained… For a moment I felt as though someone was trying to pour water from the spraying kettle… Angrily I looked at the terrace assuming someone was watering their plants and simply showered it on me too!!
I was wrong… It was actually raining… Quickly I rushed inside and was looking out of the window to get the glimpse of the graceful rain… The direction of rain was changing continuously in the direction of wind…. I enjoyed watching rain :)
Soon there was a power cut, all thanks to the KEB for it!! They just wanted a chance to cut off the power in most of the areas in Bangalore…
I still enjoyed the weather coz the lightning was so bright that every time I saw the sky from the window, I felt as though the sky was taking my snap :) My neighbors had closed the doors and windows out of fear as they had never the lightning to this extent… But I had seen yet more powerful lightning in my native, Udupi… So, this dint matter me more…
The only moment I got scared was at around 10.30 pm when I heard a loud thunder… It lasted for 8 secs.. I almost felt that our window panes were vibrating while I was comfortably seated on the chair… I went closer to my mom… She sensed my fear and gently smiled…. After seeing her smile, I comforted myself that it was nothing when compared to the thunder sound in my native.. After 10 mins it again thundered and my heart started pounding again… this time I dint wait for mom to smile… I asked her, what incase the building collapse!! My question sounded weird to her as I had never questioned her this way… She said, nothing like that would happen… Still I asked her many questions about the disaster and death and finally her voice roared at me… Her tone was louder to my ears than the thunder… I kept my mouth shut and went inside the room.. Quickly the KEB board people showed mercy and the power was back…. All my fears vanished when I switched on the lights and turned on the music…
Still I must say that my experience with the lightning and thunder was memorable :)
Waiting for the next rain :) Hope mom will let me play in rain…

2 comments:

Suresh Kumar said...

Monsoon rains had shown its first display some days back at my location and presume even in Udupi....

But in Bangalore, i found the after rain situation a horrible one. Large traffic blocks and suddenly rickshaw drivers start charging heavily.....

I hope the situation has improved... Otherwise the rains are thoroughly enjoyable

DPhatsez said...

:)

Post a Comment