It was 5.20 pm when I was in the bus after finishing the exam last Tuesday. Since the bus was from city market, it was fully loaded with ppl and goods… I saw a lady sitting in the 2nd seat.. The details I got to know just by looking at her were:
Name : Shobha

Name of the company where she is presently working : TCS

Blood group : O +ve

Marital Status : Married

Amount of gold she was wearing : More than 60 grams!!

Mother tongue : Telugu

Mobile model : Nokia N series
Wrist watch : Fastrack

Huhh!! Too much details.. isn’t it??!! Nope, I am not planning to kidnap her…:) I got to know so much abt her just by looking at her… Now, imagine how much more information I could have gathered incase I had spoken to her… She had wore her company id card and was flaunting it in the ordinary BMTC bus!! That too in a bus which starts from city market in which we can find all the categories of people.. (I am scared to wear even my Titan watch when I travel in that route) May be she wanted to proudly show off her id card and get noticed that she is from the one of the top IT company!! But showing off in front of ppl who are making their day and night one to lead their life, is bad:(.. Isn’t it??

College and school students in the bus were looking at her as though they are seeing a celebrity while others were getting jealous that she had a good job and all expensive items on her and were wondering, what on earth had gone wrong for not being like her!! :(
I had two thoughts in mind; firstly I can blog about her :) Secondly, shall I show her my id card to tell her that I am also from the same industry!! I stuck with my first opinion which was definitely better than the 2nd thought. :)

Wearing the id card tag in our company bus would hardly matter anyone but wearing it in ordinary bus or outside the company campus would prove risky.. Anyone with a keen eye can easily judge that she is from the IT industry!! Upon observation, one can even know her name, address and other details too!! Isn’t all this risky??

I have heard ppl blaming that this city is not safe, but if someone prompts to get looted, who can help!!

All I want to suggest is that – plz don’t wear id card tag outside the campus or flaunt with the mobile that ur wearing in public places like bus stop, chat corners, roads, pavements, shopping malls etc… We never know who is noticing us from distance.. Better be safe and simple in public places. Self safety should be given more priority than expecting the police to rush towards us when in panic..

7 comments:

DPhatsez said...

Oh i hated my company(yip TCS it was) so much that as soon as I was out of the door, my ID would be pocketed.

You have a valid point.
But then again, to each his own :)

Krishna said...

:)good observation...now a days people are opening their laptaps watching movies like slumdog millionare even in RED buses...Just for showoff...:)

Rashmi said...

:-) I liked "Secondly, shall I show her my id card to tell her that I am also from the same industry!!" I also feel the same thing when I find like this people. I hate to wear Id card, even in the Bus Stop while waiting for my office Bus.

Prathima Bhat said...

@DPhatsez : Strange thing that i have noticed is, ppl who hate their company too pose their id card in public as outsiders are not aware of company internal issues!!

@Krishna : That's the height of showoff then!! I guess they want to publicize their company in the ordinary red board bus too..

@Rashmi : Ya, they show their id card as though no one else other than them works for that cmpny!!

Onion Insights said...

Hi Prathima

A very good post! We at Onion Insights (onioninsights.blogspot.com) are always happy to come across bloggers like you. We are also glad to inform you that your writing skills can now be put to good use and you can make some extra money too. Sign up as a freelance Mystery Shopper - go to www.sassieshop.com/2eyp and select New Shopper Signup with Onion Insights - A Boutique Mystery Customer Experience Management firm and get paid for telling us your shopping or dining experience. You read correctly - you get paid for shopping!
For more details log on to www. onioninsights.blogspot.com, read our blog and give us a call on +919769781001 or shoot us an email at support @onioninsights.com. An OI Team Member will get in touch with you as soon as possible! There are many Mystery Shopping assignments available in Bangalore. So what are you waiting for?

Warm Regards,
OI Team

Gautam said...

Nice observation :)

siDhu said...

good moral...

Post a Comment