It was a hot Friday afternoon when i met my friends at the lunch table in the office cafeteria....... Although it was hot outside, it was freezing cool inside due to the AC!!

Unlike other days while we generally discuss abt in and out of office where the topics range from management, transport, facility, work, project, canteen food, managers etc.... on that particular day we weren’t in such mood... so were speaking abt all the random topics..

My dearest Rabbit Rashmi was sitting opposite to me and was wearing a beautiful bangle.... I noticed that it was matching with her dress and I dint miss to compliment her for that...... She gave me details that the bangle was taken in the ooru jaathre :).. The word jaathre caught my attention and i recalled the days when my dad used to take me to jaathre and buy me colorful balloons :) (Yes, I like balloons even today)
The girl in the other corner stared at us as though we were not IT professionals!! The expression on her face was as though ->"Cant you girls go to any decent shop and buy stuff?"
I stared back in frown...

After sometime we were talking abt the Titan Raga watches..... I like the designs of it, and i use one of its collection..... While we were waiting for another friend of ours to join us for lunch, i checked the time on the mobile..... I then wondered on what’s the point in wearing an expensive sleek beautiful watch and not utilizing it for what its meant and instead i used it as a beauty/status statement :(
Finally concluded--> Use the wristwatch as a watch and not as a wristband!!
Also realized that digital watch is much easier to use...

After sometime we were offered sweet corn by one of our friend.... I usually like corns, especially the boiled ones served with butter & pepper... but that day i wasn’t in the mood to eat corns.....
I recalled the days when we enjoyed the hot corn with green chilly chutney sold on the street.....while eating that whole corn on the way home walking, talking and laughing and making hissing sound coz it would be too spicy.. still busy licking the chutney on it..
Wow!!! Its mouth watering...:p

Certain things sound so simple when we tend to accept it the way they are........ Life must be lived in a simple way with simple things around... with simple and right attitude...and life would turn out to be a bliss for sure :) Life can be simpler if we wish to make it simple :)

4 comments:

Prashanth said...

Corn with green chilly chutney fried on the roadside is one of my favorites too. My eyes get watery thinking of it. Cheers to Life! :o)

Rashmi Nagaraju said...

Hey Dear:-) its nice one:-) its true we need to lead life with simple things around us and also those simple things give us more happy and peace than the costlier stuff:-)

Balbheem said...

Excellent moral!!
Most of the people do not notice such morals atleast during their happiest times!! They realise it during their unhappy times!!

Thanks to bring out this moral during your casual times!!

Anonymous said...

@prashanth-- dude seriously get a life and stop commenting uselessly

Post a Comment