As a student of correspondence MCA in IGNOU, I have to attend the classes every weekend... After long working hours in weekdays at office, weekends are the only Sabbath....

Till the 3rd week of February, everything went on fine coz the classes had not started :) So, I got lot of time for shopping, roaming around and pampering myself.. As the saying goes, “All good things comes to an end”… My good days also came to an end in the last week of February when the classes actually kicked off :(

So, Saturday afternoon I picked up my bag and rushed to college as a sincere student.. By the way, I don’t bunk classes…the reason for which u will find out as u read on.... Classes got over early on the 1st day coz the lecturer was on leave… So, I happily went out to celebrate my friend's birthday :) Sunday morning I woke up late so I was late to college. After the lunch break we had lab session... & I must tell u that it was the most bugging time.
I noticed that it was not only me who had got irritated with the classes.. Everyone were frustrated.. It was the 1st lab session of the semester.. Generally practical sessions are supposed to be interesting, but on the very 2nd day where we don’t even know the syllabus properly and we were in the lab, sitting clueless!!
While there is nothing for us to practice, what the heck we are supposed to do was the question of the day!!
We were all waiting for only one thing in the lab… & that was attendance sheet :)

Yes, many might be thinking, why we wait for attendance sheet… The reason is simple. Attendance is compulsory (Lab – 75% and theory – 60%) Any student who has attendance shortage has to either pay the fine to the university or bribe the assistant in charge for each subject… bribe amount nothing less than Rs.1500…

So, there are many feel-good and feel-bad factors about the classes.. Let me mention a few..

Reasons why I get irritated:
1. The elevators don’t work on weekends.
2. The classes are conducted in 5th and 6th floor (I look like a wheezing patient by the time I reach class room)
(1st and 2nd are the major reasons why I don’t bunk classes in mid of the day once i'm in class)
3. Sunday’s schedule is from morning 9 to night 8!!
4. Poor hygiene in wash room…
5. Cafeteria next to the mortuary!!! As the college shares the campus with the hospital…
6. Busy bees buzzing busily around 2 huge beehives in the corridor of 6th floor, which is just opposite to the entrance of the lab rooms....
7. Even when there is nothing much to practice in lab sessions, students are made to wait till the attendance sheet is given... (A signature on attendance sheet is considered as end of the class)

Few feel good factors:
1. Classes are conducted regularly as per the schedule.
2. Justice is done to viva and the exams.
3. Internet in the systems in lab which doesn’t block gmail, orkut, yahoo etc…;)
4. College is close to the VV puram chat street.. So, anytime you feel like having something good, just hop on the bikes with your friends and go around ;)

These are few of my opinions. I’m sure if I ask others opinion, I would get few more reasons to exaggerate this post. Moreover I have to spend 2 more years of my weekends in the same college.. So, don’t want to point out any more reasons… After 2 years I will proudly come out of that place with master’s degree – MCA..
Like my friend who always reminds me to have a positive approach towards life, I finally decided; let me not think 2 yrs as 208 weekends rather let me think 2 yrs as “Just 2 yrs” :) and finish it off without much perplexity.....

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Very Nice Prathima i also feel the same thin about the MCA classes at BIT... The theory sessions are more interesting than Practical session... The next thing i liked is about blog is u mentioned about Bees which is right infornt of the Lab..

Post a Comment