My friend asked me why I remain silent sometimes.. Why I seem to be lost in my world and I give a blank look.. Well, I go silent not because the lack of intimacy in the relation, but lack of time or paucity of words sometimes :( I realized that silence is the best way to know our true self.. There are so many moments that we can think about when we remain Silent...
We can even connect back to them because the feelings are so close to our heart… Memorable are the moments when I actually remained s i l e n t. . .

The moment when I got better marks than I expected; those numb moments of ecstasy and confirming from others “is it true”
The moment when I parted with my friends and the bus had just started; standing near the door and waving “bye” with my heart beating faster..
The moment after the HR had just called me and said “You are through!! Ur joining date is 6th of next month!! Congrats”
The moment when I left home for the first time for my job and I looked back at my parents who were worried that their daughter was leaving home, yet they seemed to be happy that I took the first step towards independence..
The moment when my manager said “Ur into the project for one of the big clients of our company” after my training period was over in the company..
The moment when I sat alone in my room after having said everyone that I cleared my exams for which I was preparing since 6 months..
The moment when the guy I liked most, smiled at me; I dint say anything, I just smiled back :)
The moment when my sister hugged me and said "bye munnu" after her marriage; I was clueless how to react, i had so much to tell her, i had hundred thoughts swirling in my mind, and i only gave a smile and said "ok" :(

I wonder y I dint say anything at those moments of happiness, joy, anger, pain.. all feelings just flowed ceaselessly in those flash moments... They say – The best way to communicate is through “Silence” Joy, Love, Grief, Surprise, Anger, Hope, Expectations, Support, Non-cooperation etc...

Imagine the importance of silence for a moment; when Ronan Keating gives a pause in the song “U say it best...when u say nothing at all” or when Bryan Adams pauses for a while along with music in the song... “Please forgive me, I can’t stop loving u...”

Think about the moment when u got tired and u reach your bed.. Instead of dozing u keep your eyes wide awake to simply stare the roof or some corner of the room silently.. Surely u were thinking.. Those moments when we listen to our own heart.. the decisions we make.. the promises we take.. So, next time when u go silent, listen to your heart.. feel the joy.. feel the pain.. listen to the desires.. feel the happiness.. feel the bliss.. Be cheerful :) Good luck :)

6 comments:

Niveditha Shekar said...

Hi sweets,,
Now this is for the whole content of this blog..
I jus loved it. A very genuine attemp. Keep up the good work...keep writing!

Anil said...

good one... I liked it

Suresh Kumar said...

Yeah.... Sometimes silence can be the best conversation between two friends...

Unknown said...

Very nice and really it touched my heart.........

It refreshed all my thinking abt few things of my life

Prathima Bhat said...

@Niveditha - Thanks dear :)

@Anil - This is one among my favourites :)

@Suresh - Sometimes, silence makes more noise in heart and mind.... Silence between friends gets a feeling of loneliness:(

@Shreya - Thanks dear :) Ya, many ppl could actually connect to few of my thoughts which were unsaid but always felt in their hearts too...

sidhu said...

nice portray of ur thought.... u r prominent !! hav a gr8 future.

Post a Comment