Last 2 weeks had been kind of tiresome…. It was only in the evening when I am seated in the bus that I relaxed.. Like most evenings, I let go off the time reading novel, listening to music or recollecting the memories or simply taking a nap in the bus and dreaming :) But yesterday I was in a different mood, to overcome my boredom, I thought of looking outside the tinted glasses of bus..
I saw few so called sophisticated “IT guys” spending their time with other class of people near the petty shops smoking…..who always boast on spending their time and money in costly restaurants and malls preferred to forget their sophistication for a while coz as per the recent rule imposed by the government, smoking is prohibited within the campus..
I saw many things like other BMTC and Company buses, shopping malls not crowded unlike other years, may be due to recession; showrooms where there were offers like “Buy 2 get 3 free”.. Old women scaring to cross the traffic hit roads.. Small business like sweet stalls, meat stall etc across the roads running dry, perhaps due to lack of customers.. Sadly I also saw kids selling books, towels, sun glasses, belts etc at the traffic signals.. Drunken men lying on the footpath.. Few others innocently watching the vehicles that were going past them… I saw other company buses which were going parallel with our bus.
Suddenly I remembered my sister’s question which she had asked me few years back… Why is that the bus full of IT ppl so silent, dull and sleepy… I know it contrasted the other industries bus traveler’s coz at least there was faint cheer on their faces or at least something to share and talk about…. And I finally got the answer, though it dint sound pleasant to me coz I am also from the same Software industry…
Here people simply ignore the person sitting beside perhaps coz most times they land up in social engineering incase they talk… This is probably the main reason why nobody prefers to sit beside each other.. Well, if the employee is married, then they have lot to think about their family and sometimes about the many loans they have done to save their tax or other personal reasons.. Other reason could be, the inferiority complex.. Well, there is another category of ppl who simply think that the bus journey is the time to sleep as the journey time is never less than an hour.. Few others set all the telephone appointments during traveling, so that they keep their cell phones intact to their ears until they feel warmth in their ears!!
Rarely ppl make friends… On the other hand, there are few ppl who become best buddies in bus journey itself…. In fact, I myself have friend for a lifetime whom I met in bus :)

The world is not a sugary mundane, but if we think it so, it can be :) If not as sweet as we expected it to be, at least not sour :)
Not all the office bus journeys are boring, unless we make it that way…

1 comments:

Suresh Kumar said...

Something to learn from you.... For me, a bus journey means an excuse to think something creative to write.... If someone talks with me, I will definitely entertain him.... but honestly, I never took the initiative....

Post a Comment