Today morning my colleague was narrating her experience with doctors… she said me abt the strange phobia that she has…. She is scared of medicines coz she always feels that it will get stuck in her throat!! Even worse what I heard from her was, she grinds the tablets and mixes with sugar and swallows!!! Yakkk shackkkkks…….!!!

I learnt that she is scared abt anything that doctors give and use – syringe for example…. No doubt most of them(girls) are scared of syringes...

Then all of a sudden I remembered my blood donation experience in my 1st yr graduation.. I was in the 2nd sem when there was a blood donation camp in our college.
It was when me and my friend were coming back from lunch that I saw the crowd in the college cellar and was curious to know abt it……
My friend, Ayesha said me that it’s a free medical camp from BKF (Bangalore Kidney Foundation).. So, after learning that it’s one of the reputed hospitals of the city, I decided to go for it…
Though I dint like the mere smell of medicines, I decided to go.
After the doctor checked my BP, heart beats, weight etc and she declared I am normal and I assumed that it was the routine check up… Then the next doctor asked me to show my nails which was neatly painted, so he couldn’t do any calcium test :) and he held my finger.. I dint know for what good reason… He said blood test… Then I realized that it was a blood donation camp in my college!!
For a moment I thought I can run away saying I am feeling dizzy….. But the next thought which I got was, it’s a noble deed to donate blood….. Frankly telling, That was just the last thought that I got……I donated blood coz it was my first time blood donation… Secondly till that day, I dint know my blood group, so I was happy that I would know.. Thirdly, the slogan stuck in my mind was “Was it you who saved my life? Help save another, give blood”…:)

I donated my blood with ease and no rona-dhona after the syringe was injected in my veins!! I was abt to take a quick nap there when the doctor came rushing to chk if I fainted… I was fit and fine…. and by then the blood bag was filled with my holy blood..
Then doctor offered me lot of stuff to eat and advised me not to climb the stairs…
As always, I love breaking rules… so, I went happily to attend classes in 1st floor…

The class, 2-3 session was really boring and suddenly I felt dizzy… The lecturer saw me sleeping on the desk and came near me (out of concern or to scold me) .. I almost fainted there and the lecturer was in panic… She called the doctor while I was still lying on the desk.. The doctor held my face and sprinkled or rather poured water on my face!! Sick fellow!! All my face powder gone in a minute!! He tapped my face or rather it was kind of slap for me.. Till date no one had dared to touch my cheeks… and the day someone touched, it was a kind of slap!!!! I will never forgive that doctor!!!
Anyway, I got my conscious back with the doctors grace and I saw everyone around me… After the doctor left, Ayesha whispered, “thanks for suspending the class” :)..

I removed the band-aid on my hand after 3 days when someone sarcastically asked me if I was donating blood daily!!! Gosh… sick question!!!!

5 comments:

Naveen Chakravarthy said...

hey it was long back ago..do remember properly. was it you who gave blood or they gave blood to u. ;-)..anyways i was shocked to know that even you had donated blood once and last time ;-)...By the way if i was there at doc place i would have got a change to slap u sche ;-) ..Sumne hange ;-)

Prathima Bhat said...

Even i would have got a chance to hit u back and kick u to hell!! Sumne hannge :)

Navripen said...

He he...Funny!

sid said...

last two lines are my favourite

Prathima Bhat said...

@Navripen : Thank u :)

@Sid : Welcome to my blog buddy :)

Post a Comment