Its was a Wednesday morning at 7am when I was in the office bus looking outside the window, the pleasant Bangalore winter... Everyone had shut their windows tight to avoid the cold breeze in the speeding bus.... As always, my affinity towards window seat made me look outside... The view wasn’t clear coz our breath was warmer and it made the window glasses appear blur.. I opened the window for a moment as i was feeling suffocated inside… and the other reason is I wanted the view through the window to be clear :)

The misty air just blew on my face and my mood completely changed.... Aah, what a feel it was!! Commendable:)
I remembered my college days when i was traveling in the local BMTC bus without caring if I would catch cold... It was nice... My good old days. . . .

I was lost in those thoughts with my headphones tucked in my ears and was enjoying the songs... I was listening to James Blunt's- You're beautiful.. its true... Then the next song was - Tum itna jo muskurarahe ho, kya ghum hai jisko chupa rahe ho.... I was moved by this song... I felt as though the cosmic force around me were questioning me.... I surely dint want to answer!! I quickly shuffled the songs and played the next song...
It was the KK's Pal song - Hum rahe ya na rahe kal.. kal.. yaad aayenge yeh pal... pal.. yeh hai pyaar ke pal.. chal aa mere sang chal.. chal soche kya... choti si hai zindagi..... kal mil jaaye toh hogi khushnaseeb hi.. That song almost made my eyes wet!! I remember singing that song for my dear friend Ayesha..... I had sung it just for her on the last day of our college... I had told her that whenever we hear that song, it would remind us about each other... And the song just did that!! Its never too late to tell anyone that we truly miss them..
Finally with my heart filled with emotions... it was time for me to get down as we had reached office... I walked to my block in the cool breeze and then to the AC hit cubicle!! I gave her a call on mobile, but I guess the she was still sleeping, so I messaged her on cell waiting for her prompt reply (after she wakes up) and I silently went out for a cup a coffee and later got back to work. . . . I wish I could go back to my good old days… when I never bothered to see my schedule if my friends called me out…
Remembered the time when we always said “Lets meet and then plan something” and now we land up saying, “Lets plan and meet someday”… Friends are the same….. It’s just the priorities which have changed… :(

7 comments:

Navripen said...

Bravo...well said...Am your permanent fan Pratz...

Naveen Chakravarthy said...

ending lines in all ur blogs are truly most touching lines....
hmmm


I may be missing my school days ...
I may be missing my college days...

by remembering those days...
i dont wanna miss the days
with a good friends like you .... :-)

i am not good at writing poems ...
just tried ;-)

swati said...

very true..we had no plans...no questions wat to do..and all JUST MEET...

Now its like milke Kya karna hai also plan...

Things always change...Life always moves..on..

JiA said...

Really very true,

As time changes,our priorities changes.very heart touching dear.

Whatever happens,life just goes on...Thats life

Suresh Kumar said...

This was a very nice post. The pic and everything...

And saw the song U r beatiful on youtube... nice lyrics...

Prathima Bhat said...

@Navripen : Thank u :)

@Naveen : I guess this is the first time u are trying poetry :) Well tried :)

@Swati : True... Life moves on... its upto us to catch up with it...

@Jayashree : Priorities is what matters..

@Suresh : Yes, the words on the pic is too heart touching :)

sidhu said...

every moment has its unique taste.. some may b fruitful..some may b bitter.. But only if one taste's the bitter(present) thing , he could able to feel the enjoyment of the fruitful(past) one.. ;)

Post a Comment