Two months back, our project had taken 6 new members which contributed to make our development team size considerably big. Yesterday two of my team mates got released from our project. Both of them were good resource in the project and I had lot of interaction with them in terms of delegating work and clarifying project related issues… It was a nice learning and working experience in the project as few of them were new to the technology.. They were new to our team 2 months back and I had the full privilege of giving KT(Knowledge Transfer) to all of them…
We were a team of happy-happy members with lot of unity and fun even though we worked on weekends!!

Parting is something which I don’t like… Be it in movies or real life… I feel so sad when my neighbors switch their residence…though I wouldn’t have ever spoken to them and only smiled each time i saw them.. So, when it came to my own team members, i really felt for them... I knew I shouldn’t be sad but I couldn’t even pretend that I am happy or normal.. I couldn’t say my feelings to anyone coz who knows, even I am not born-for this project…. So, one fine day our team has to split, once the project gets over… I knew this is a fixed project, so would get over after a particular duration… But I dint realize it until my PM sent a mail to the whole team informing abt the release of two members!! The subject of the mail clearly said me that it isn’t a mail which I can take as a good news!! I read the mail carefully and had to bid bye to those two members, so I did that after thinking for a while…
For sometime I dint turn up to either of them…coz I dint know what to say… Finally, I knew I shouldn’t run away from my responsibilities being their team mate… So, I gathered all my courage and respect, and congratulated them heartly and wished all the best…. It was difficult for me to hide my emotions but I had to, so I did….

Saying Bye is difficult, and its intensified after saying Bye and seeing them go.. Its just that we have to console ourself that the world is small and we would meet again… Far from truth, but it’s the only thing which we can blindly assume…..

On the way back home, I really thought about how many times I have faced this situation… It’s a mixed reaction… I was happy and unhappy at the same time….
I was sad & happy when my sister parted from me after her marriage; When my friend left for her higher studies for 3 long yrs; When my friend decided to quit this company leaving me; On the last day of my college etc……… The thoughts were countless!! But this is the way of life… Kabhi khushi kabhi ghum :)

Power of progress is change and its inevitable…. So, be it so…

3 comments:

Suresh Kumar said...

Hmm.... U r very sentimental. Parting is painful, thats sure, no matter how hard a man is.

I didn't realize the pain of parting until my colleagues decide to give me a send-off.

workhard said...

Hey parting is painful but nowadays you can always be in touch..just a phone call away..or chat away :)

Domain registration india

Naveen Chakravarthy said...

parting is not painfull if you r in touch with them in future

Post a Comment