Last night when we left the office there were no plants been planted in the indoors of our block, and today morning when I entered the block, I saw well grown pruned plants standing upright..... Many liked it coz it made the place look more lively and green while I dint appreciate it much- though I always prefer greenery……
Our campus has won awards for being one of the green campuses………and has many rare species of plants and trees within the campus..
But, these new plants which are planted here last night, looked like the cloned version of the plants!! The new plants, which are planted here have life but they look like artificial plants:( I noticed few people checking it closely to confirm if it was original..
The joy of seeing the seed sprouting, the sight of seeing the tender leaves growing from the delicate branches, the happiness of seeing the first bud and finding the beautiful flower after few days…..All these things were completely missing with the new plants here:(
This is the major reason y I couldn’t appreciate this way of "go green" initiative taken in the company…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Prathima for listening to my words and writing blog about this topic.... I feel the same thing about Go Green concept of iGate i.e., missing the sight of seeing the growth of the plant from very small to big tree.. One more thing i felt about Go Green concept is since iGate got the award so it seems iGate want to increase more green color...

Prathima Bhat said...

Yes Rashmi... I truely agree with u :)

Suresh Kumar said...

Nice one...

And in our place and near to my office, they are planning to pull down a ashwatha tree for the purpose of concreting the roads. Already they have cut down many trees.... and I believe many more to go...

Post a Comment