Today I got a call on my desk number at office… It was from a job consultancy firm.. It’s the 2nd or 3rd time that I am attending such calls over a period of time…The lady with the shrill voice asked me if I have planned to change of my job?? I was wondering how dare she to call at my extension number and ask me this question!!
First question I asked her was, “How did u get my desk number??” Confidently she said me that she got it from “Job sites - Naukri.com”…
As far as I remember, I have never updated my job profile in any of the job sites… I said, its chanceless!! Then I asked her if she knew my name… There I caught her!!! She said she has missed out the name while getting the number!!
Cleverly she got back to her question and asked me which technology I am working in and my total experience..
(How on earth had she missed out to c my technology in the profile!!! Uhhh!!!)
By then, I had lost my temper and since I knew that she was randomly calling all the numbers of our floor, I thought of telling her that I knew her trick!!! It was Tit for Tat from my side coz she lied to me about my number and this was my turn to trap her in my prank…
Politely I said her, “Lady, do u know whose number u have dialed?” This time her voice sounded a bit concerned and she remained silent… I said “I am the Project Manager, and I c that u are persuading my employees to quit the job for some other company!!”… Next I asked her, “May I know ur name lady?” … With the guilt in her voice she said “I am Chaitanya”…
I said to her in the same tone the way she had spoken initially to me… “Now that I know ur name and I can easily find out your consultancy name by tracking the number, I can sue your firm!!”
Next thing that I heard was “Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, seriously sorry to call u ma’am… Plzzz don’t do that… sorry ma’am”…
(I don’t know what logic she had by uttering the word sorry so many times)
Sweetly I said her, “The word sorry looses its meaning when u utter it so many times”
She again said, “Sorry ma’am, I was just head hunting
Then I said “Don’t try any other desk numbers as it’s a unethical and kindly keep the call as I am busy”

Huh!!! She kept the call in no time and I saw the expression of my cubicle mates and another person from neighboring cubicle… Everyone saw me strangely… Soon I gave a faint smile and the next scene was incredible!! All of us laughed so loudly that our Project Manager actually got up and saw what was going on in his team :)
Then on, everyone says – Don’t mess with her on the phone… She can actually cause u an heart attack!!! Ha ha ha :)

7 comments:

swati said...

hmm..this girl vl look very serious..(statuatory warning)messup wid her wen u r completely planned else ur gone(like head hunter).....Isnt it dear...

Keep penning ur thoughts( i donno if this word 'penning' is correct or not)..anyways..

..love to read u..

DPhatsez said...

heheh! An interesting way of gettin headhunters and telemarketers off your back.
As for me, on days when i was so jobless, I'd flirt with them. Whenever i'd try asking them out for dates they'd prompltly end the call.
No harm in trying right? :)

Cheers

sunitha said...

hey...i guess..this would be the most horrible experience..to chaitanya....

and im very sure...that she will never again..dare to call iGATE employees :)

Suresh Kumar said...

Hmm.... The girl must have learned the lesson....
You questioned her like a lawyer and got her cornered....
Nice one.....

Anil said...

Good one.. The lady must have been in coma for few days...

Prathima Bhat said...

@swati - Thanks for the comment sweetie:) Ya.. Penning is the correct word:)

@DPhatsez - Not a bad idea :)

@Sunitha - Yeah, next time if Chaitanya dares to call me at my desk number, she will surely recognize my voice :)

@Suresh - Hmm.. I know it was her job and she promptly for the sake of bread and butter... But calling at desk number and asking us to change the job, sounds so unethical :(

@Anil - No.. I havent scared anyone to such an extent that i could literally harm their life..

Nilavan said...

Very clever girl.

Post a Comment