These days I seem to be enjoying my bus journey on my way back home :)
As usual I was staring out of the closed window of my bus, stuck in the traffic and noticed something peculiar... Like most times where people outside the bus, try to get the glimpse of the people inside, this time they hardly did that.. Most of them were looking at the poster on the bus, which looked more like a News channel add or magazine adds (Dataquest, CNBC etc..)
For a moment I thought that they are bored to c us asleep so they finally found a new way to pass their time in traffic signals by reading what is written on our bus.. But No, it was not the reason I guess.. It was the poster that caught their attention!!
The poster regarding the accolades of the company is so big on the company bus that the company name is hardly seen!!:(
Soon I realized that I have never paid attention to what exactly is written in the poster... I had just a glimpse that it’s about the several awards that the company has won in previous years and a quote stating “Get on board with the bus full of happy employees” (No matter if all the employees are happy or not)
Next day when I keenly observed what is written, I realized that something which seemed missing.. And yes, it’s the company’s name!!! The company’s name and logo is written in the right top corner in small font..
Then I comprehended what was creating so much curiosity or confusion among people... After reading Ranked # 1 in Dataquest-IDC as Best Employer in 2008, Employer choice award in 2007 and The 2nd best company to work for award by BT-Mercer....( I guess shortly they will again change the poster by adding the Ranked #1 in Black Book for DW/BI.. ) who will not want to know which company is this !!!
What I promptly feel is that the company name, “iGATE” should be clearly shown rather than posing that we have won so many accolades... The identity by name is more important rather than many awards that we win.. Awards are just another feather in our hat… Identity by name is something which we should never loose...

3 comments:

Suresh Kumar said...

Even the bank I was working for had given me an Id card, which, on the front side had my name and designation and on the back side spoke about the bank's awards - saying Best Employer Award etc. When I gave the card, people first notice my name and then get lost them self reading the awards galore...

Rashmi said...

Hey Prathima it is very good article. Even though i travel in the same bus daily i have not observed our company name in the accolades... Good Observation Keep it up:-)

siDhu said...

the same thing was itching me for a long time...

Post a Comment