Wow..... I saw few people who were looking like ruffians, trying to pull down the bees nest from the roof of our college..... Pheew!!! I felt like whistling when i saw him standing on the bars of the corridor in 6th floor, with the knife in his hand.... For a moment I imagined him like a deity who kills the sinners!!! My very next thought was, “are the bees Sinners”!!! :( Definitely no!!!

The ruffians killed their larvae, their food, and their shelter!! In fact, they killed few bees to by setting fire, to get them away from beehive!!!! I closed my eyes for a moment and remained silent as though showing my condolence :(
For a moment I looked like an animal rights activist who was condemning the effort made by people to kill the bees…
But soon the look faded off from my face when I got to c the honeycomb closely coz the analytical side of my brain was working more than a merciful heart..
I must say that the bees had a beautiful signature in the honey pot. Every cell in the honeycomb is a perfect example of symmetry in nature.. I was amazed to c the hexagonal structure filled with honey in every cell…
Luckily I got the chance to touch the honeycomb after confirming that the bees are not going to harm us… Later one of beekeepers said that the bees are poisoned and that’s the reason they will not harm us as they had lost conscious!!! It sounded disgusting!! This time my mind and heart were forcing me to hit those beekeepers and tell them how painful it is when livings beings are poisoned!!
The beekeepers kept the honeycomb on a platter and patted on it to extract honey out of it.. Finally they poured the extracted honey into the cans..
The staff of the college came flooding to a small room to get honey in their water bottles… They paid Rs. 100/ litre to the beekeepers and still argued that the beekeepers had mixed sugar syrup in their cans before pouring honey into it…
Those ruffians were showing some kind of demo to prove that the honey was pure…
Myself and my friend, came out silently and saw the dead bees on the floor:( Few were struggling with their life as most were already dead:(
I thought to myself, is this what the people valued life of the creatures who lived serving the purpose of their lives… I understand that the death is certain to every living being, but this kind of terrifying death was least expected :( !!!

5 comments:

swati said...

hmm..ur writings come from core ur heart...

thoughts...that came to my me...

'I fell so powerless sometimes..God has brought me here for some small task(like honey bees..) to be done for him....he knows how to do....Gimme feeling of accomplishment as i create honey outof flowers(which only i can do..)...bring some ruffians into my life...who help me reach back to GOD and get ready for my next task for GOD..

sunitha said...

This is one of the most wonderful...post that i had ever come across....

keep up the good work :)

Suresh Kumar said...

You have brought out the images beautifully... I felt as if the scene was being played in front of me....

Really This is what human beings are! Selfish and never ever thinking of the creatures that co-exist with us on this lovely planet.

Gautam said...

Beautiful one :)

Prathima Bhat said...

@Swati - Thanks for the compliments dear:)

@Sunitha - Thank u :)

@Suresh - I just put the brutal act of killing in words, which i saw that day :(...
Not all the human beings are selfish, but majority of them care the least:(

@Gautam - Naanu aa scene nodidkoodle nimge live updates kottidhe :D
This post is a replay of it in words :)

Post a Comment